The 11th Annual Gala Dinner Dance and Auction held by STAR, Inc., Lighting the Way, has been rescheduled to Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 6:00 pm at Wee Burn Country Club at 410 Hollow Tree Ridge Road in Darien, Connecticut. The event was originally scheduled to take place on November 3, 2012, but was postponed due to complications from Hurricane Sandy. The gala has a Cirque du Star theme, and includes a cocktail reception, live and silent auction, dinner and dancing. will be used to support STAR’s programs and services for individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families in Mid-Fairfield County.
The gala committee chairpersons are Robert and Meghan Cioffi of New Canaan, Mary Ferrara and John Masanotti of Darien, and Joseph and Nella Viesta of Stamford. Committee members include:
- Wilton committee members are: Doug and Liz Bayer, Barry and Judy Bosworth, John and Mary Lee Danaher, and Jack and Deborah McFadden.
- Darien committee members are: Hilary and Carol Donegan, Peter and Katherine Gogolak, Ken and Beth Harrington-Howes, John Masanotti and Mary Ferrara, Patrick and Katrina O'Connor, Ed and Katherine Piorkowski.
- New Canaan committee members are: Robert and Meghan Cioffi, Joan Dionne, Jason and Janie Konidaris and Todd and Julie Thompson.
- Norwalk committee members are: Denny and Sally D'Amato, Annie Konidaris and James and Theresa Taylor.
- Old Greenwich committee members are: David and Linda Shockley.
- Stamford committee members are: Joseph and Nella Viesta.
- Weston committee members are: Richard Batten and Mary McGee, Ken and Mary Kennedy and Joseph and Cathleen Crowley-Piscitell.
- Westport committee members are: Miggs Burroughs and Mickey and Candace Herbst.
For information about the gala or to purchase tickets, call 203-846-9581 x303