is sponsoring the First Annual Wilton Center Street Fair and Sidewalk Sales. Wilton Center will be closed to vehicles from Godfrey Place to Center Street and be open to vendor booths and pedestrian traffic.
Shopowners are excited for this promising setup. Mary Logan, owner of , said that she and a couple of other stores would put sale tables out each year, but few people would walk by.
"We are very excited," Logan said. "A lot of other towns have sidewalk sales that are wonderful, very festive entire days. We are excited to have an actual sidewalk sale, too."
There will also be independent vendors resent at the sale in addition to Wilton's own stores. "Hopefully it will attract people from other towns to come shop here," Logan said.
The Wilton Chamber has also provided activities besides shopping. There will be food and beverages provided by various from groups around the area, as well as children's activities like craft booths and a magician. There will also be various performances throughout the day:
- 10:30 am - Music of Brett Beatty
- 11:15 am - Conservatory of Dance Performance
- 12:00 pm - Wire Mill Academy Performance
- 12:45 pm - Wilton Playshop Performance
- 1:30 pm - Steve DeMasco's Shaolin Studio Karate Demonstration
- 2:15 pm - Uncle Zak's Ukelele Performance
- 3:00 pm - Music of Brett Steinberg
Other local businesses participating in the fair include , , Security Solutions, , , , , , , Bella & Co., Venture Photography, and Wilton Registrar of Voters.