Senator Toni Boucher (R-Wilton) wants residents to know as consumers they have a right to try and get credit for services they lost during the storm.
In the wake of the October Nor’easter there are many questions consumers need answers to:
- What does your insurance policy cover?
- What if a tree falls on my house, on my neighbor’s house?
- Can I be reimbursed for food I had to throw out because I lost power?
- Can I be reimbursed for hotel costs because I couldn’t stay in my home?
Please contact the State Insurance Department for guidance.
By phone: 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900
Can I get credit from my cable company? Phone company? Internet provider?
- Contact Cablevision at the following locations:
Norwalk, Weston, Westport, Wilton 203-847-6666
Redding, Georgetown 203-438-7783
New Canaan 203-348-9211
- Just let the company know how long you were without service.
- When you reach an operator, ask to speak to the RETENTION representative, explain the circumstances of your lost service and demand the reduction.
- If you run into further problems, please call my office at 1-800-842-1421.
- If you call me after hours, leave your name and phone number on the voice mail and the company you are trying to get a credit from and I will follow up on your behalf.