- Villa Del Sol, 36 Elm Street, Westport: Authentic Mexican dishes can be paired with a wide selection of Sangrias, Mexican beers or margaritas. The Golden Iguana margarita sounds particularly enticing.
- Tequila Mockingbird, 6 Forest Street, New Canaan: With an ambiance termed ‘eccentrically Mexican’ on their webpage, this restaurant imports the dried chilies used in their dishes straight from Mexico.
- Rio Border Café, 330 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk: Cinco de Mayo is their biggest holiday of the year. The Mariachi band will start playing live music at 6pm and there will also be t-shirts and other giveaways.
- Southwest Café, 109 Danbury Road, Ridgefield: Mariachis will be plucking the strings of their guitars while diners enjoy Santa Fe/Southwest/Mexican Cuisine on this celebratory holiday. Outside seating is available, but take note: all seating is on a first come/first serve basis.
- Viva Zapata, 550 Riverside Avenue, Westport: The kitchen at this popular Mexican restaurant is open on Cinco de Mayo for lunch from 11:30am to 3:30pm and then for dinner from 5 to 10:30pm. Just looking to celebrate with cervezas? The cantina is open from 11:30am all the way through to closing at 1am.