Program Manager Kevin Meehan said that pumpkin patches have been affected by a pumpkin blight this year. Get yours while they last!
- Young’s Nursery 211 Danbury Road in Wilton. While there how about picking up some mums too?
- Stop & Shop 5 River Road in Wilton. Get your pumpkin while checking off those items on your grocery list. Done and done!
- The Village Market 108 Old Ridgefield Road in Wilton. Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Surprise the family on your way home with pre-made cuisine that you don’t have to slave over and a pumpkin. The time it would have taken you to make dinner you can now spend with the kids painting the pumpkin.
However, If going to a pumpkin patch is more your style, these two farms have been popular fall sites for years:
- Silverman’s Farm 451 Sport Hill Road in Easton. Guess the weight of your pumpkin and it’s yours for free.
- Warrup’s Farm 11 John Read Road in Redding. It’s not autumn until you take a hay ride. Get out there and enjoy this colorful season!