[If you have a business or organization that's closed or has shortened hours for the weekend, please tell us in the comments or email email@example.com by early afternoon Friday.]
Department of Motor Vehicles and AAA offices
Holiday schedule for American Automobile Association offices and major service centers, including the Norwalk Office:
- Friday: The Norwalk Office is closed all day. "All AAA offices will be open
to process renewals for driver licenses and non-driver ID cards during
their normal business hours on Friday, April 18 and Saturday, April 19."
- Saturday: Norwalk Office is open for normal business hours, starting at 8 a.m. AAA offices are open.
- Monday: The Norwalk Office is closed, as usual. AAA offices are open.
- Tuesday: The department reopens for business with normal business hours of 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wilton Town Hall and offices are closed (including the Wilton Transfer Station).
- Connecticut state offices are closed.
- Connecticut state courts are closed.
- Wilton Public Schools and offices are closed.
- The Wilton Transfer Station is closed Friday and Saturday.
- The New York Stock Exchange and much of the financial industry are closed.
- Wilton Family YMCA group fitness classes will run in the morning, but not after noon.
- Wilton Library is open.
- U.S. government offices are open.
- Post offices are open.
- Banks in Connecticut have the option of opening or closing. According to state policy: "Connecticut banks and credit unions are required to give at least two weeks’ advance notice to their customers of holiday openings and closings by posting such notice in the lobby of each office." TD Bank is open.
- CT Transit bus service in Stamford has regular service on Good Friday.
- Norwalk Transit District offices are open on Good Friday as is regular Wheels bus service around Norwalk.
- The New Canaan Transfer Station is open for normal hours.
- Wilton Library is open.
- Wilton Family YMCA group fitness classes are scheduled to continue Saturday.
- The Wilton Transfer Station is closed Saturday.
- The Wilton Family YMCA is closed.
- Wilton Library is closed.
- Norwalk Transit District bus service is closed on Sunday, as usual.
- Norwalk Transit District offices are open on Good Friday as is regular Wheels bus service around Norwalk (also running on Saturday). Bus service is closed on Sunday, as usual. For other services, see its schedule on the website.
- Trains: The Metropolitan Transportation Authority website has announecd no schedule changes for Good Friday or Easter Sunday on the New Haven Line or any other service.