Everyone indulges at least a little bit during the holidays, but there are a few simple things you can do to stay healthy and in control. Most importantly, find a fitness routine that is fun so that you will stick with it! Make this a New Year's resolution you will keep.
1) Whatever you do, don't get on the scale during the holiday season. At any time of the day your body can weigh differently - and not necessarily accurately - due to stress and those few extra treats! Stay away from the scale and you may be surprised at how good the numbers look once you do get back on.
2) Wear clothes that are a little on the tighter side. If you dress too comfortably you are apt to eat more as you don't feel full. Give your tummy less room to expand!
3) Whenever possible walk, walk, walk (or whatever your favorite activity is)! Even if you can only do 5 or 10 minutes here and there, by the end of the day it all adds up!
4) Most people say that they will start their fitness program after New Year's, but the best plan of attack is to maintain throughout the holidays. Remember, it is easier to keep up than to catch up! Start today!
5) Did you know that you can burn 300 to 800 calories during one 45 minute SupnSurf class? Why not take a break during the hectic season as you de-stress and get fit with Downunder Fitness & Surf !