Losing weight is not about dieting or starving yourself. I've got 5 easy tips to help you lose weight in a way that is healthy and long-lasting.
Here are 5 easy tips to include into your daily routine:
- Eat breakfast and be sure that it includes a protein. Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism. Eating protein keeps your satisfied longer and your blood sugar level. When your blood sugar drops too low, you tend to grab the closest, easiest food around, which may not always be the healthiest.
- Cut down on the amount of sugary beverages you consume and drink water instead. Even if you're drinking 100% fruit juice instead of a soda, it still contains a lot of sugar and unnecessary calories. If you don't love the taste of water and need your juice/sweet fix, cut it with water and work your way towards using less and less juice. You'd be surprised at how quickly your taste buds adapt.
- Eat at the dinner table instead of in front of the TV. When you're in front of the TV and eating, you tend to eat more than is necessary because your focus is not on the food in front of you and you're not paying attention to how much you're actually eating.
- Have dinner be your last meal of the day. You shouldn't be eating right before bed because your body needs time to digest food. If you need a snack, choose a piece of fruit and be sure you have it at least 2 hours before you climb into bed because undigested food disrupts your sleep.
- Decrease (or avoid altogether) the amount of processed foods you eat. Most processed food comes in a box, container or package and contains sugar and toxins which keep the weight and fat on your body. In addition to these toxins harming you, they're addictive and constantly keep you coming back for more. Try to eat "whole" foods instead. An example of a whole food is a piece of fruit. It is in its whole form and needs no processing to be eaten.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now