Police responded to an anonymous report of an underage drinking party on Washington Post Drive, handle several motor vehicle infractions, and arrest as Danbury teen in connection with his allegedly shoplifting almost $1,000 worth of good from Caraluzzi's Market over the winter.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
- Arturo Lugo, 26, of Danbury was charged with misuse of registration plates, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, and operating without insurance and registration. After a routine motor vehicle stop it was discovered that the registration plates for Lugo's vehicle were misused. Lugo was also driving with a suspended license and had no insurance or registration for the vehicle he was operating. He was released on a PTA and has a March 26 court date.
- Jorge Sari, 43, of Brookfield was headed northbound on Ridgefield Road when Wendy Madeline White, 41, of Wilton exited her driveway and struck Sari's vehicle in the right side sending it into the southbound lane due to the impact. Sari said his neck and back were hurting and he was transported to Norwalk Hospital via ambulance for evaluation. White stated she did not need to be evaluated by medical professionals and would, instead, see her own doctor about general pain. There was no arrest made in the incident.
Friday, March 19, 2010
- Peter York, 18, of Wilton was charged with possession of alcohol by a minor and permitting minors to possess alcohol. An anonymous caller informed police of an underage drinking event at a residence on Washington Post Drive. Upon investigation, York was found to be hosting a party and permitting minors to possess alcohol. No one at the residence was of legal drinking age. The subject was issued an infraction for the above charges.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
- Paula D. Darlington, 46, of Redding was observed northbound on Route 7 and was detected going 59 mph in a 35 mph zone. Upon stopping Darlington, she was found to be intoxicated. She was taken into custody and transported to the Wilton Police Department. She was then assigned an April 1 court date and released on a PTA.
Monday, March 22, 2010
- Thomas P. Cunes, 19, of Danbury turned himself in on an active arrest warrant for larceny charges stemming from shoplifting incidents which occurred between Oct. 2009 and Jan. 2010 at Caraluzzi's market in Georgetown. Cunes was the roomate of . Cunes allegedly shoplifted between $700 and $900 worth of goods from the market while Nota was working there.