Tuesday, January 5
- Deborah Scianna, 54, of Norwalk was arrested and cited for shoplifting at Stop and Shop while working a cash register. Scianna was working at the Wilton Center location when she allegedly slid some merchandise through the checkout knowingly without scanning it. She faces a charge of sixth-degree larceny for the goods, which included three cans of soup and a box of cake mix, a total value of $3.59.
Wednesday, January 6
- Ed Artist, 47, of Norwalk was arrested on a warrant for issuing bad checks stemming from having issued three checks to Village Market with insufficient funds in his account in June of 2009. The total value of the checks was $230.
- Michael J. Bentely, 25, of Stratford was observed traveling south on River Road, straddling the center line. He was stopped in the driveway of Wilton Crest Condos. The officer who made the stop questioned Bentley and asked if he could search the vehicle. Bentley consented and, during the search, the officer located a small bag of marijuana. Bentley was then arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and failure to drive right. He was later released on a promise to appear and has a Jan. 18 court date.
Wednesday, January 7
- Ian Sprague, 36, of New Milford was arrested at Norwalk Superior Court for two counts of failure to appear in the first degree and one count of failure to appear in the second degree. The warrants stemmed from a motor vehicle arrest in 2009. Sprague is currently incarcerated on an unrelated charge.
- Geoffrey Rowley, 29, of Fairfield was arrested for DUI, failure to drive right, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia. After receiving a a complaint of erratic operation, police stopped the accused on Old Grumman Hill Road. After a field sobriety test, he was found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. During a search of the vehicle, marijuana and a pipe were located. Rowley has a Jan. 18 court date.
- Anne M. Dougherty, 29, of Danbury was stopped on a complaint by another motorist who explained the accused swerved over the double yellow line several times on Route 7 and almost struck a pedestrian. The accused failed field sobriety tests and was charged with DUI and failure to drive right. She was given a court date of Jan. 18 in Norwalk and released into a friend's custody.
Thursday, January 8
- Anton Hess, 19, from Wilton and a male youth, 17, also from Wilton were both arrested for possession of less than four ounces of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. A police officer observed an occupied vehicle parked at Merwin Meadows after the park was closed. Upon approaching the vehicle and speaking with the occupants, an odor of marijuana was detected emanating from within. A search of the vehicle and the persons within revealed a small bag of suspected marijuana and two smoking pipes, which contained suspected marijuana residue.
- Judith Vazquez-Cortes, 28, of Norwalk and Veronica Vazquez, 32, also of Norwalk were arrested for disorderly conduct after a dispute in a residence on Chestnut Hill Road. The two apparently became physical, with Veronica suffering scratches to her face and Judith suffering her hair pulled out of her head. One party ended up leaving the residence and contacting Norwalk Police, who referred the matter to the Wilton Police department. The two appeared in court on Jan. 11.