Stamford Cocaine Dealer Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison

Twenty people have been charged in federal court with offenses related to the distributing cocaine and crack cocaine in Bridgeport, Norwalk and Stamford.

A 40-year-old Stamford man who was part of a drug-selling ring in southwestern Connecticut was sentenced Tuesday to four years in prison.

The United States Attorney's Office issued this announcement on Tuesday about the sentencing:

Terrell Wills, 40, of Stamford, was sentenced today by U.S. District Judge Stefan R. Underhill in Bridgeport to 48 months of imprisonment, followed by four years of supervised release, for his role in a southwestern Connecticut narcotics trafficking ring.

This matter stems from a six-month investigation spearheaded by the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Stamford Police Department’s Narcotics and Organized Crime Squad.

As a result of the investigation, 20 individuals have been charged in federal court with various offenses related to the distribution of cocaine and crack cocaine in Bridgeport, Norwalk and Stamford.

During the investigation, law enforcement officers seized more than $100,000 in cash, 500 grams of cocaine, 350 grams of crack cocaine, several vehicles and jewelry.

According to court documents and statements made in court, the investigation revealed that Marvin Wooten, also known as “Smash,” of Norwalk, was operating a significant crack cocaine distribution ring in Fairfield County. 

Between September 2012 and January 2013, Wooten regularly purchased multi-hundred gram quantities of cocaine from various sources of supply, including individuals who were selling cocaine out of a Bridgeport barbershop.  He then converted the cocaine to crack cocaine and distributed it to other dealers and customers. 

Wills regularly purchased crack cocaine from Wooten’s associate, Gary England, and then sold the drug to his own customers.

On September 12, 2013, Wills pleaded guilty to one count of possession with the intent to distribute cocaine base (“crack cocaine”). Wooten and England also pleaded guilty.  On May 22, 2013, Wooten was sentenced to 120 months of imprisonment.  England awaits sentencing.

This matter has been investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration’s Bridgeport High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Task Force -- including the Bridgeport, Stamford, Norwalk, Milford, Westport, and Stratford Police Departments, and the Connecticut State Police -- and the Stamford Police Department’s Narcotics and Organized Crime Squad.

The U.S. Marshals Service also assisted in the arrests of several of the defendants. This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Sarah Karwan and Robert Spector.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »