Tomorrow is the next and last opportunity to vote on 2013 town budget (some may have cast their ballots on Tuesday). Budget numbers in full, including line item specifics, are attached to this article, as obtained from wiltonct.org. Voting takes place at the from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The budget, if approved, will raise the mill rate by .986 percent, up to 21.0555 mills
- Total operating budget request for FY 2013 is $114,146,654
- Roughly 68 percent of the total budget request is for salaries and benefits
- The Board of Education is asking for $74,051,216, a 1.75 percent increase
- The Board of Selectmen is requesting $30,347,323, also a 1.75 percent increase (numbers include $1,069,224 in capital bonding requests)
- The $1,069,224 in capital bonding requests include road restoration, school repairs/construction, a new fire truck, Comstock renovations, and Ambler Farm repair.
- If less than 15 percent of the voting populace casts a ballot, the budget passes automatically