Update, 10:00pm, Feb 15:
David Crays officially called for Tiffany Tecce’s resignation in an email dated November 21 of last year. The email cited inflammatory comments allegedly made by Tecce on her Facebook wall, which “seems to be directed at our President Elect [then Robert Burkhart], or more broadly the Miller-Driscoll PTA Executive Board. Regardless of whom it is directed at, it is conduct unbecoming the chair of a Miller-Driscoll PTA committee and not consistent with the principles taught at Miller-Driscoll,” wrote Crays. He also stated in the letter that the comments happened “within minutes after our President Elect issued his resignation,” a resignation which Crays said was due to Tecce’s “effort to disrupt our progress to heal our fractured PTA related to your [Tecce's] actions last year.”
“Effective immediately, and for the reasons stated in this letter, we no longer seek your participation in our PTA and its activities, including serving as co-chair at the Winter Carnival,” wrote Crays. He addressed the letter to Tecce and carbon-copied it to Superintendent of Schools Dr. Gary Richards, Miller-Driscoll President Cheryl Jensen-Gerner, Wilton High School President Robert O’Donnell, Heather Wilcauskas, and Jo Becraft.
Crays had also attached a photo of the alleged Facebook posting and quoted it in the email.
“Should you fail to be removed from the H.S. [High School] PTA and council, the Miller-Driscoll PTA Board will move to vacate participation on the council and seek an alternative arrangement to meet with Dr. Richards,” stated Crays.
At the beginning of the month, Clarissa Cannavino resigned from her position as secretary and Mike Whitman resigned from his position as assistant treasurer. Jo Becraft, the Miller-Driscoll PTA Nominations Chair, Winter Carnival Liaison and Volunteer Co-Coordinator, resigned via an email to Pettit on Tuesday night. According to Crays, there are now only two remaining executive members on the Miller-Driscoll board: acting president Heather Petit and treasurer Tara Snow
The PTA declined comment.
Developing Updates (2:30 pm):
- The minutes for this meeting will not be released until the next Miller-Driscoll PTA meeting, which will take place on March 13.
- The PTA, including Tecce and Wilcauskus, have declined to comment
- Clarissa Cannavino resigned from her position as secretary on Feb 2.
- Mike Whitman resigned from his position as assistant treasurer on Feb. 3.
- David Crays and Robert Burkhart were removed from the Miller-Driscoll Parent Teacher Association (PTA) under the guidance of the Connecticut State PTA board. Crays held the position as PTA president and Burkhart had been the vice president. This occured at the last Miller-Driscoll PTA meeting on Monday, Feb 13, in the school's cafeteria.
- Heather Pettit is now the acting chair of the Miller-Driscoll PTA.
- Jo Becraft, the Miller-Driscoll PTA Nominations Chair, Winter Carnival Liaison and Volunteer Co-Coordinator, resigned via an email to Pettit on Tuesday night.
- Wilton Patch first attempted to contact PTA members Heather Wilcauskus, Heather Petit and Tiffany Tecce on Monday. They have not yet responded.
- Requests for the PTA minutes have been made, but these minutes will not be available until next month.
Patch continues to seek information on this incident.